Effective: 10 December 2019
"Personal data" means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Collection and use of personal data
We collect and use personal data in the following ways:
- Employees: We collect personal details relating to employees such as (a) name or alias, gender, NRIC/FIN or passport number, date of birth, nationality, and country and city of birth; (b) mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details; (c) employment and training history; (d) salary information and bank account details; (e) details of employee next-of-kin, spouse and other family members; (f) work related health issues and disabilities; (g) records on leave of absence from work; (h) photographs and other audio-visual information; and (i) performance assessments and disciplinary records. We use this personal data to conduct our business, evaluate performance, provide employee benefits, meet our legal obligations as an employer and otherwise manage and administer our employment relationship with our employees.
- Job applicants: We collect personal data provided by job applicants, their referees and via background checks to be used in connection with assessing the applicants for employment opportunities.
- Monitoring of machinery: We may collect personal data through using CCTV cameras to assist with monitoring operation of machinery.
- Residents: We collect personal details relating to residents of Selarang Halfway House (SHWH) such as name, date of birth, emergency contact. If relevant, we will also collect medical records and employment placement details. We will also collect information relating to these individuals that the Singapore Prison Service (SPS) or Yellow Ribbon Singapore (YRSG) decide to provide. This information is used to provide the transitional residential programme activities delivered by SHWH. We also collect information about a resident's participation in these programme activities.
- Customers, supplier and service provider contacts and personnel: We collect contact details of individuals within customer, supplier and service provider organisations so that we can communicate with them about our business activities together. Personnel of some supplier and service provider organisations may work more closely with us. As a result, we may need to collect additional details about those personnel in order to vet them and address applicable building and system access and security requirements. Further, if those personnel need access to prison facilities as part of the engagement with us, then the personnel may need to provide additional details. The details required depend on the security requirements applying at Changi Prison, but typically include name, NRIC/FIN or passport number, car licence plate.
- Inmate workers: For inmate workers placed with YRI, we collect personal details as directed by YRSG for payroll processing and to undertake activities for the placement arrangement as directed by YRSG.
- Visitors: We collect personal details of visitors to our office premises, SHWH and facilities such as name, date of birth, identity card number and contact number. These details are collected for security purposes.
- Site visits: We collect additional personal details of individuals who apply for a site visit to our linen facility at Changi Prison. The details required depend on the security requirements applying at Changi Prison, but typically include name, NRIC/FIN or passport number, car licence plate.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may share personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- Customers, suppliers and service providers: We share contact details of our relevant employees with customers, suppliers and service providers in order to conduct our business activities and receive supplies and services necessary for those activities such as IT support. We may also share employee details with providers of employee benefits such as medical benefits to enable the service provider to identify the employee.
- Financial institutions: We share personal data with financial institutions in connection with invoicing of our customers and payments and other benefits to be made to our suppliers and service providers as well as employees.
- Disclosures to YRSG and SPS: We disclose to the SPS details collected for site visits to Changi Prison so they can vet proposed visitors. We are required to disclose to YRSG and the SPS certain personal data relating to inmate workers and SHWH residents.
- Mandatory and permitted disclosures: We share personal data where required under law such as to comply with our obligations as an employer or a legally enforceable demand. We may also share personal data where permitted to under law. We may share personal data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
Access and Correction
You may request access to or correction of your personal data that we hold. To request access or correction please see the Contact us section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your request promptly. However, in certain circumstances, we may refuse your request where the law allows us to do so. For security reasons, we reserve the right to take steps to authenticate the identity of the requesting party before responding to your query or request.
We have implemented technical and organisational measures in an effort to safeguard the personal data in our custody and control. Such measures include:
- restricting access to personal data within our organisation to a need-to-know basis;
- deploying physical and technological safeguards to restrict access; and
- policies to cease retaining personal data when there is no longer a legal or business reason to do so.
Cross-border data transfers
Our current practice is that we do not transfer any personal data outside of Singapore, except in the following limited circumstances:
- Contact details of our personnel may be disclosed to suppliers and prospective suppliers of materials to be used in our business who are located outside of Singapore; and
- If our personnel are travelling outside of Singapore for work, their personal details necessary to make such travel arrangements and booking make be disclosed to relevant parties outside of Singapore.
|Post:||Attention Data Protection Officer|
|YR Industries Pte Ltd
27 Loyang Way Singapore 508728